Stewardship Soundings – Stewardship Is about Attitude
There are two basic attitudes we have about that which God entrusts to our care: scarcity and abundance. This is how those two attitudes play out in our actions regarding our time, abilities and treasure:
- There is not enough time to do everything, so I’m going to do those things that make me happy.
- The abilities and skills that I have are for my own use and are mine to decide how I use them.
- Treasure is a limited resource that I earned and must protect.
- God has given me plenty of time to do good and honor others. Jesus said; “I came that (you) may have life, and have it abundantly.” John 10:10
- God has blessed me with many abilities and talents; there are many people whom I can benefit. “I will make of you a great nation, and I will bless you…so that you will be a blessing.” Genesis 11:2
- Everything I have is from a generous God; I am so grateful that I will use it as God desires; to feed the hungry, clothe the naked, welcome the stranger, care for the sick, visit the imprisoned. (Matthew 25:35-36)
“God is able to provide you with every blessing in abundance, so that by always having enough of everything, you may share abundantly in every good work.” (2 Corinthians 9:8)